Recovery
Upon reflecting about my rest day today, I have realized that part of maturing in lifting is understanding that recovery helps significantly more than I originally comprehended when I started powerlifting. As I have tried to improve certain lifts, I notice my recovery is almost as important or more important than the lifting itself. I think this is because the weight I am moving is significantly heavier than when I started lifting, so I have to recover longer. I hope I see more progress in the future by taking my recovery plans much more seriously to help my body feel more ready for each future workout. I am planning on trying this approach over the next 4 weeks or so to see if better recovery is what I need to work on or if I need to improve in another way.
Hey Mitch, this is definitely very true. Resting is important to help heal muscles and overall improvement of your body. I know personally for sports in high school I rested from a 6 day week in basketball on Sunday and that to me was crucial. I did not know that having recovery plans helps make your body stronger when lifting. Keep posting these helpful tips for lifting as I may need to start to get back in the swing of things.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great topic, Mitch. I never used to fully understand the benefits of rest days myself. I make sure that I allow each part of my body to get enough rest before working that part of my body again. I also like your idea of rest being just as important as the actually lifting itself. I think some tips on how to recover could be very beneficial.
ReplyDeleteI love this topic because recovery has always been so important to me. When I tell people that I have like 2 days a week where I let my body recover between lifts, they just look at me like I'm crazy. I had someone tell me one time that off days are for the weak (the dude's ego was pretty big so I let it go). People don't realize the benefits that rest days give you.
ReplyDeleteThis was a cool blog I think it is important as well to have a good recovery. I didn't know that recovery is almost as important as the lifting itself and I think that is important for lifters to think about. More weight you lift means you should have a longer recovery is not something I knew about and am glad I read your blog to learn about it. I hope your recovery plans work for you and you see good results. Good luck these next four weeks.
ReplyDelete